Tuesday, October 26, 2010
1. What is your favorite decor item in your house?
Family pictures in frames. I like seeing my kids and family all around the house. It's sort of comforting to me.
2. What is your favorite hair product?
Any volumizing shampoo or conditioner. I have thin hair so any extra volume I can get is always good. Pantene seems to be one of the best.
3. Are you a good dancer?
Nope not really.
4. You get some good news, who’s the first person you call?
James because he's my best friend and husband. Then it would be my mom or a few of my friends.
5. Would you rather take pictures, or be in pictures?
Take pictures!! I have always liked taking pictures and have always been the picture taker in my house. But now that it's my job I do it a lot more and think about it a whole lot more!
6. What is your shoe style?
Flip flops aka very casual. I do like a nice pair of cute flats or wedge sandals but never high heels. I'm already tall enough and I just don't walk that well in them.
7. How often do you eat out?
Lately twice a week while I am at work. We don't have a break room and there is no where to heat up food or really eat food at work. I would have to eat in my car which I am just not crazy about and it would have to be food that didn't need to be heated up. So I just head to one of the restaurants in the shopping center where the studio is.
8. If someone has food in their teeth, do you tell them?
Yes, as long as it's not in front of a bunch of people. That's embarrassing so I try to let them know discreetly.
9. Do you fold your underwear?
Nope ... what's the point??? They don't really fold well and who cares if your underwear is wrinkled?? Not me!
10. Milk, dark, or white chocolate?
Dark or milk. I HATE white chocolate.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
1. What does your work out schedule look like?
OK so I'm gonna go ahead and tell you right now my answers to these will be very short. I am not a gym person at all. I should be doing more to work out but I'm not. I typically walk around my neighborhood. I take my daughter in a jogging stroller and try to go right after breakfast. My route is a little over 2 miles long. I would like to do it everyday but to be quite honest it just doesn't happen. I actually did it today and will try harder to do it everyday.
2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym?
NONE! Ha ha I hate the gym. I hate to exercise. But if I have to and well I NEED to but I like the treadmill or a stationary bike. But I prefer to just walk in my neighborhood.
3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym?
I see a pattern here.... none. I am not a class person. I always feel uncoordinated and out of place in a class at the gym.
4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing?
5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
I don't go to the gym. I like geocaching and just walking or playing with my kids.
6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share!
No DVD but I do like Wii Fit for the Wii. Especially the yoga and the boxing.
7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school?
I was more active in high school because I took PE and I even took advanced PE. Plus I just walked more because I had to get around.
8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school?
I have always struggled with my weight and so I feel like I have been the same cycles since then. But I have come to accept my weight now and I am just more comfortable with my body in general.
9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)?
Music. I would rather talk to a friend but I don't have a walking partner.
10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
I would like to try to walk for at least 30 mins. everyday.
Posted by Katherine Parker at 8:30 AM
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
I totally tried to get to this yesterday and it just never happened! I liked this one too much to not do it so here it is. I really need to try and get my S%$& together and do these posts ahead of time. Maybe that will be my new goal..... Anyway here are some very interesting and different questions for ToT. I can't guarantee my answers will be interesting or different.
1. What keeps you up at night? (figuratively)
How we are going to get through the next few months on my part time salary.
2. What keeps you up at night? (literally)
Too much caffeine too late at night and sometimes my achy knee.
3. Where do you want to go in life? (figuratively)
I just want to raise good human beings who are smart, well mannered, kind and caring.
4. Where do you want to go in life? (literally)
Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Turkey, Egypt, Greece
5. Have you ever bit off more than you could chew? (figuratively)
Yes, I don't like to say no. I am getting better about it but when my son was little I often over extended myself because I couldn't say no.
6. Have you ever bit off more than you could chew? (literally)
Are you kidding! All the time. I'm really bad with salads. It always looks like just a small bite of lettuce then I try to get it all in my mouth and I have half of it sticking out of my mouth!
7. Is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence? (figuratively)
No! I seems that way but once you get to know those other side of the fence people you realize they have their own issues to deal with.
8. Is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence? (literally)
YES!! Our backyard is not in the best shape right now and I know our backyard neighbors have a really nice yard.
9. If you can’t stand the heat, do you get out of the kitchen? (figuratively)
Yep.... that's another thing I have learned in the last few years. I used to want to be in the middle of everything and know what was going on with everyone even if it meant I was in the line of fire. Now I just was peace and as little conflict as I can manage.
10. If you can’t stand the heat, do you get out of the kitchen? (literally)
Nope I just open a window or turn down the AC. If I don't cook no one else in this house will!!
Saturday, October 2, 2010
If you are new to my blog I sell frames, mirrors, clocks, origami flower ornaments, and origami flower mobiles on Etsy. If you read my blog regularly well then I am sorry and you already know all this (sorry)! But did you know that you can request custom items from sellers on Etsy??? Well you can! There are a few ways to do this. One is to ask a seller outright to do a custom piece if you see something in their shop and want one like it but with what ever change you need. The other way is post an alchemy request. You basically just write up a post detailing what you want and what price you are willing to pay. Then sellers on Etsy bid on the job and you pick a winner. Now I have never use the alchemy option but I just had my first custom request last week! A mom messaged me and asked if I could make one of my origami flower mobiles in a custom color scheme to match her daughter's nursery. She wanted citrus colors with a pop of bright pink. I looked through my paper stock and found some nice green, yellow, and orange shades. I emailed her the shades and got approval then went to the store and got some bright pink to add in. It came out really well!! It's a fun, bright mobile! Here a some pictures of it. I loved doing the custom request. It was a challenge and something different. So here's to hoping I get some more custom requests for my flower mobiles, frames, or origami flower ornaments!!