Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Confessions of the Day 14

My house is kinda a wreck.  I have never professed to be a clean freak but I try to keep a clean house.  But I never said anything about being a tidiness freak.  My lovely 2 year old daughter loves to just dump toys and my 6 year old is apparently allergic to putting things back away in the right place.  Not to mention my husband would SO be on an episode of Hoarders if not for me (I'm totally serious).  So between all 4 of us this house is a wreck.  Not to moan (ok yes to moan that's what having my own blog is about) but who is the only on who cleans up??  Yep that's right me.




Speaking of Hoarders ....  that show is addictive!  Not only do I look at those people and think holy cow how can you live like that but I also see how it can happen (my hubby).  I have also had pack rat tendencies in my past thanks to my mother who threw anything not nailed down away (let's see if my mom reads my blog shall we).  But after moving so much as a college student I got over moving so much crap and changed my ways!  But the other thing about watching Hoarders is that it makes me feel better about my wreck of a house because it's not as bad those people's houses!

I have a love/hate relationship with PTA dinner fund raisers.  I love that we get to go out to dinner so I don't have cook and it supports a really good cause. But I hate that those nights are always packed!  I really can't stand big crowds and there is a lot of parent involvement at my son's school, so all the events tend to be packed.  So I am forced to be in a big crowd and I have to socialize with people I don't normally socialize with.  Pretty much  idea of hell.  I am pretty shy and big crowds are hard for me especially when it just acquaintances and not good friends.  You know now that I think about it, it would be better if I just gave the PTA a donation instead of enduring dinner fund raisers! 

blog comments powered by Disqus