1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company?
Totally genius furniture company! I love Ikea. I like their styles and their prices plus their stuff holds up nicely. I have a book case and a small chest of drawers from when I was like 11 that I still have and are still in great condition!
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?
Kitchen. I hate the white melamine cabinets in my kitchen and the laminate counter tops.
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?\
It was all dark stained wood stuff that was nice. I had the dresser and desk for a long time and then as I got older I got pieces from Ikea and my dad made me a loft bed. I even got a futon type couch for under it.
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?
It depends on what kind of shape it's in. We just recently threw away our couch because it was broken and Marley kept having accidents on it so it smelled. But if it's in decent condition we sell it first or give it away.
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
so random and varied it’s undefinable
I don't think I've pinned much furniture on Pinterest but if I have or will I'm sure it will be funky/eclectic.
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
Storage. You have to have good storage for toys and books other wise the room will just be a constant mess.
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?
I would love my mom's desk that was my great aunt's desk. It's sort of like a roll top but instead of rolling it's an old fold down type and it's really beautiful and has hidden compartments on the inside!
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
We bought a couch off Craigslist a few years back and that was the couch we just threw away. It didn't cost a lot but we only had it for like 3 years before it pretty much crapped out. It was cheap to begin with and having small children is hard on couches.
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, ikea, Pottery Barn Kids?
Of course Ikea!! I could get a really decent amount of stuff there for $1000. And I could get something for pretty much every room too.
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
Noa has bunk beds and they are nice to have simply for guests but I grew up with a loft bed and loved it. So loft bed!