1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Sushi. I tried as a kid and thought it was disgusting. But I finally gave in as an adult (awhile back) and tried it again. I loved it but I also shied away from the more exotic things like the eel but now I try it all and like it all!!
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?
I get Martha Stewart Living and Every Day Food. I like Living for the crafts and the pictures in general. But I find the recipes a bit too complicated and usually not much I am stoked to try. Now Every Day Food I LOVE!! I have loved everything I have ever tried out of it and for the most part it's good recipes that aren't complicated.
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
Salt or fresh garlic. It's what I grab when what I'm cooking needs just a little something. It usually does the trick.
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Ha ha see question one. But I also used to not like onions but now I love them and would put them about anything.
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
One of my favorite comfort food things is to have hot chocolate with buttered toast. But I take it a step further and dip the toast into the hot chocolate. James thinks it's nuts but I happen to like it a lot.
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?
I don't think I have an answer for this one. Nothing stands out at me as being a really weird ingredient. Vinegar in a cake is about all I can think of.
7. Do you have any major food allergies?
No not major. I have a weird food allergy to Terra Chips. We still aren't sure what does it but my aunt thinks it may be the taro chips in it. She says some people have bad reactions to under cooked taro. But who knows and I am not willing to try it again to find out (that was my first trip to the ER).
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
Nope I am always willing to at least try it once!
9. Do you bake?
Yes! I think I like baking better than cooking.
10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
I am not good enough to go on any food competition show first off but if I had to choose one it would be Hell's Kitchen, but only because I have a thing for Gordon Ramsay.