Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  What two cities should be moved closer together?


I would have to say New York and London.  New York is quick plane flight from here and if London were closer to New York then I could get there more often.  London is one of my favorite cities and I would love for it to be closer.


Parliament as taken from a sight seeing boat down the Thames on my last trip to London in 2007


2. What was the first plane ride you took?

I think it was a flight from Denver to Hawaii when I was about 11 months old.  My family flew out for my Aunt Sally's wedding to my Uncle Gordon (he just passed away January and we all miss him dearly).  But I would have to confirm that with my mom. 


3. What continent would you most like to visit?

Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. What’s your favorite place to window-shop?


Barnes & Noble is one of my faves because I love books.  Target for clothes and home accessories and just about anything else.  I also love window shopping at Lowe's Home Improvement or Home Depot for ideas for new bathroom or kitchen fixtures or lighting or floors.


5. What’s the least fun you’ve ever had at a place specifically tailored for fun?

3 words ..... Chuck E. Cheese.  CEC as we call it in my house is one of the worst places to go as an adult.  On a busy weekend it is my idea of hell on Earth.  Over crowded, loud, rude adults, rampaging children on sugar highs, bad animatronics, bad music, unruly children, dirty play areas, broken games, money sucking and well you get the idea.  Now the pizza isn't half bad and on an empty weekday I kinda like it because no one is there.

6.  You’re stuck on an island with plenty of food, a companion, and a relatively stress-free lifestyle. What do you say when the rescue ship comes?


Let's go home I miss my family.


7. Which day of the week do you look forward to most?

Friday because my husband either has Friday off or only teaches one class so he's home by noonish and so it means the start to the weekend.

8. What’s your favorite place to enjoy the great outdoors?


At a park with my kids enjoying the day and watching them have fun.

9. What’s on your “to do” list this summer?


Get a job :(.  My time as a stay at home mom is coming to close.  Not because I want to but because I have to.  I have already applied for a job at the local community college but haven't heard anything yet and I thought about going back to school for Esthetics (facials, skin care, waxing etc.) but one college wants waaayyyy too much money but is quick and the other is cheaper but takes over a year and I just don't have the time plus the economy right now is tough for that.  But it's something that's on my radar for later down the line.  Anyway I guess I will head back to teaching if I can find a job if not we will just see what's out there.  For now I am concentrating on my craft business on Etsy and don't forget my giveaway going on now check it out here!!!!

10. Which natural disaster freaks you out the most?


Ok now I know this will sound really weird but the apocalypse or ends days.  I might just have watched too many bad movies like Mad Max and I am Legend but I sure don't want to be in the last wave of humans on the earth.  I would much rather go in the first wave so I didn't have to deal with humanity breaking down around me.  See that is really strange I live in hurricane country so you would think that would freak me out but no I have been at least 6 since I moved to Wilmington and as long as you get out for a category 3 or higher you will be fine (your house might not but that's a risk I take living here).

blog comments powered by Disqus