Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

2009 is here. Wow 2008 went by in blur. So here are some quick reflections/observations from this year.

I will swear up and down and that the differences in boys and girls are mostly genetic and start from the beginning. The differences between my son and daughter are staggering and it's so "typical" male and female stuff it's just scary. There is something to be said for nature vs. nurture.

I would not survive being a stay at home mom without my friends. Now let me say that I have always had a good girlfriend or two but this is the first time I can say I have a couple that are true friends and that I finally feel that I can turn to no matter what happens in my life.

I have finally figured out that things (especially money issues) have a way of working them selves out and it's really just a waste of time and energy stressing about them and it just annoys my husband to no end!

5 year olds are really just a preparation for the teenage years. I swear my son acts and treats me like he's a teenager already, except that he wants books read to him before bed!!

No matter what you do you are NEVER going to please everyone so just make yourself happy and then at least one person is happy!

I think that no matter how many kids I actually end up having or how old they are or I am I will always want another baby. There is just something about babies that I love and will always want in my life. Now I just have to figure out how to deal with this fact and not be one of those crazy families with 15 kids!!!!

NO matter what toys my son claims to love he will always prefer to play with his baby sister's toys. A doll house wins over a Star Wars toy any day in my house especially if his sister is playing with it first!!

So here's to a new year full ups and downs and everything in between!

blog comments powered by Disqus