Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Confessions of the Day 13

I am OBSESSED with the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.  I read the first book last week and it took me a few days.  I was waiting on the second book Living Dead in Dallas (I use Paperback Swap for most of my books) to get here and it came yesterday!  Well I started it last night and as of about 8PM tonight I am over half way through it!  It helped that my hubby is on spring break this week and it was a beautiful 70 degree day here so I sat outside most of the afternoon reading while my kids played outside and my husband did yard work.  They are just so much fun!  I also read the Twilight series which I love as well but these are better in some ways because it's adults instead of teenagers and there is real sex ;),  bad fashion and rednecks!  I have books 3 through 7 on the way (again through Paperback Swap).  I am just hoping book 3 gets here in the next few days!!





While I was sitting outside in the sun today reading I managed to get sunburned.  Not badly sunburned but still I'm a bit sore and pink.  The sad/stupid thing is I know better!!  I am light eyed and very fair skinned!  In fact I burn within 15 mins. of being direct sunlight.  Oh and I burn then I peel then I am back to being just as white as before.  So I get ABSOLUTELY no benefit out of being in the sun longer than 15 mins.   Oh and did I mention skin cancer runs in the family.  Yep I'm a smart one!  It just felt so nice being outside today and being that it was pretty much the first day it's warm enough in months to be outside with out a coat I just forgot.  Oh and there was the small issue of being so engrossed in my Living Dead in Dallas book that I didn't want to stop reading.


I let my 6 year old have an email account and a Facebook account.  The email account isn't so bad I know.  I did it because my family was sending him little email notes to my account which was fine but he loved getting them so much I  figured it would be fun for him.   Plus I thought it might help to get him excited about writing by writing back (it didn't fyi).  Now don't think I am a horrible parent for the Facebook thing.  He is not allowed on it except when I am with him and it's only so he can play Yoville.  In fact he only has 5 friends only family or family friends and no there is no picture of him up so it's not he uses like a real Facebook account.  




blog comments powered by Disqus