Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday



1.  Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?

To be honest I really don't remember.  It was what ever phone was either free with my plan or the cheapest.  I know I didn't have one until I was out of college and on my own working. But I do remember when I got my Motorola StarTAC.  It was the smallest cellphone on the market and I loved that it flipped open to answer!!  I thought it was so cool!



2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?


Well I remember One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey.  It's about a little girl who looses her first tooth.  I just remember loving the illustrations and I couldn't believe people lived in places where they had to take boats just to go to the store.

3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?

My first car was a white 1986 Toyota Camry. It was my mom's old car and I got to drive (she made it clear is wasn't my car.  My brother and I had to share it.  Which meant that when I went off to college he got the car).  I LOVED that car!  I still LOVE that car.  It was so roomy and ran great.  We have a Camry now which is a great car but I swear the interior is smaller now.  I used to be able to sit in the back seat of my '86 Camry and have enough leg room (I am 5' 10" so leg room is important) and I swear there is not nearly the leg room in our new Camry.

4. Who was your hero growing up?


Sally Ride the first American woman astronaut.  For the longest time growing up I wanted to be an astronaut.  So I really looked up to her being that she was the first woman on a space shuttle.


5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?

My first "real" kiss as I am defining as sloppy and not just a quick peck.  Anyway it was eye opening.  I'm not sure how much I had dreamed of it but it sure wasn't what I had expected.  It was enjoyable but nerve wracking and really wet.  LOL wow now that brings back memories....

6.  What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)


Honestly my hair really does not change much.  It's almost always long.  The most I do is bangs or no bangs.  The reason behind this you ask... (well maybe you didn't ask but I'm gonna tell you) is because my mother always had me have short hair growing up.  I know why she did this.  It was simply easier to deal with. But oh how I longed for the long hair with ribbons and bows I saw the other girls have.  So here are a just two unfortunate examples of my childhood haircuts.



I think I was 4 in this picture

3rd Grade.  Really bad period in my life...

7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)


I'm not sure how old I was but it was the point in my childhood where I had a loft bed.  I dreamed I was on top of a skyscraper and I was being pushed off the roof by an imperial guard from Star Wars (the guys who wore all red and guarded the Emperor).  As I was falling I could see people and events from my life in the windows as I was going by.  Just as I was about to hit the ground I woke up suddenly and was about to fall off my loft bed and onto the very hard hardwood floor.  Strange right??

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?

Snakes.  Again sometime in childhood we were at the zoo in the snake/reptile house and the tag on my shirt was bothering me.  It felt like a snake slithering inside my shirt and it freaked me out.  And I still to this day will not even touch a snake.  They just freak me out.  In fact I don't even like watching them on tv.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?

Elmo's mommy.  That's just where I am in my life.

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?


Hands down being a stay at home mom.  I love it but it is the hardest non-stop job ever.  Not to mention most people don't think you are very accomplished because you are a SAHM.  Sorry but raising good human beings is a lot harder than you would think.  But before that getting my masters degree was the hardest thing. There were times during the program I wasn't sure I was ever going to get through it.

blog comments powered by Disqus