Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ten on Tuesday



1. What would the title of your autobiography be?
Avocado Addict .... It's a weird kinda silly title.  It fits me pretty well I would say!

2. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever heard a child say or seen him/her do?
Right after my daughter learned to walk she was pestering her brother by bringing him all her toys.  He was trying to watch Sponge Bob so he started throwing the toys she brought to him back across the room.  It eventually turned into a a very funny game of fetch.  She kept bringing the dolls and such right back to my son and he just kept throwing them.  We all started laughing and she took forever to quit "fetching".

3. What is your favorite kids game to play?
Rock, paper, scissors

4. If you got invited to a potluck BBQ tomorrow, what would you bring?
Depends on my mood and weather I wanted sweet or savory.  My go to potluck sweet is my grandmother's chocolate cement cake with fudge nut frosting.  My go to potluck savory is Texas caviar (corn, peppers, onion dip thing you eat with tortilla chips and it's to die for!).

5. If your ears are pierced, how old were you when you got your ears pierced?
I was 4 for the first set.  According to my mom I begged her because another little girl who was a family friend got hers done, so I wanted mine pierced too.  Then when the second piercings became popular (I was around 12 I think) and I asked my mom she said no so my friend Lizzie from across the street and I decided we would just do our own!  So we spent an afternoon in her parents bathroom with ice and a sewing needle piercing our second holes.  We had no idea what we were doing so the holes were in the wrong spots (right above the normal hold in the earlobe not off the side where it's supposed to be).  But it really didn't hurt and it was easy.  I went on to do several more myself as a teenager.  I used to have 4 in one ear and 3 in the other.  I have now let most of them grow back.

6. If you were celebrating your 30th anniversary, where would you want to go?
Well I just celebrated my 11th last Friday (the 11th) and I got a tattoo, we went to dinner, then came home and watched a movie (and thanks to my mom and step dad we were actually alone without kids).  Exciting right.  Well it was nice and just what I wanted to do.  Maybe for our 30th we could get away and go on vacation alone.  That would be nice.

7. What one blogger would you love to meet and why? And what would you want to plan to do with them?
I would like the meet the lady who writes the Cake Wrecks blog.  She is so funny!  I love her sense of humor and especially how she can get it to come across in the written word.  I would of course want to eat cake with her!

8. On a scale from 1-10, how good at you at home decor? (Pictures welcome.)
7 I think.  But my taste is not very main stream I don't think.  I love color and bright color at that.  I also love lots of different styles but I tend to be more modern in taste.

9. Do you have good fingernails?
I actually have really good fingernails thank you for asking!!!!  I can grow really long nails that don't chip or split.  They tend to break but only because I am so hard on them (dishes, cleaning, baths, hand washing, crafting etc.).

10. Pickles: Dill or sweet? Baby, spears, or chips? Plain or on a burger?
All of the above!!  I love pickles of any kind.  I will eat them plain and I love them on my burgers.

blog comments powered by Disqus