Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday



1. If you could trade lives with another blogger for a day, who would it be and why?
Hmmmm ... I'm not sure. But I would have to say right now I would want to trade with a blogger who is making money blogging.  So that I could see how they do it and what it takes to make money doing it.  I am trying to figure out my new career and I am looking into anything and everything.  Especially home based things so that I can continue to be home with my kids.

2. Do you prefer receiving handmade or store bought gifts? Be honest!
I honestly like both.  My mom has made me several handmade things including aprons and quilts.  And I have loved all of them. I also love when my kids make me things, in fact I like it better when they make me things instead of buying store bought stuff.

3. Would you rather camp or stay in a hotel?
 Hotel but I have camped and do like to camp.  But right now with my kids at the ages they are and the miserable heat here the thought of camping makes me cringe but I would love to do it with them later in life.

4. What’s your favorite comfort food?
Macaroni and cheese.  Homemade is best but in a pinch I still love Kraft Mac & Cheese from the box.

5. You’re having a really bad day at work. How do you unwind when you come home?
Well since right now my work is at home with the kids I try to unwind by shutting myself in my craft room (once daddy is home of course) and working on stuff for my Etsy shop or just puttering around in there alone being creative.
When I was working outside the home I liked to come home and veg in front of the TV and not think.

6. What’s your favorite chore? (Or, the chore you hate the least)
I honestly don't mind doing laundry or vacuuming.  There is something satisfying about vacuuming and seeing dirt or really dog hair in my house disappear.

7. What got you interested in blogging?
I started out blogging on MySpace years ago.  It was really just a way to vent and for family and friends to keep up with what was going on in our lives.  But then Facebook came along and I pretty much abandoned MySpace (I still have a page but maybe log on to it once a month at most).  But I missed blogging (there really isn't a good blog tool on Facebook).  So I came across Blogger and the rest is history.

8. Are you currently reading a book? What is it?
Well I literally just started The Help by Kathryn Stockett yesterday.  So far it's good but I am only 50 some odd pages in.  But before that I read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer.  It's the latest in the Twilight Series which I love.  It was a good, easy, fun summer read.

9. Do you have a favorite artist?
Yes, I fell in love with Henri Matisse in 6th grade when my elementary school took a trip to Washington D.C.  We went to the national gallery and there were a few of his paintings which I liked just fine but I stumbled upon a copy of one of his cut outs in the gift shop and bought it on site.

 The original print I bought in 6th grade still on my wall

I LOVED it!!  It was bold and colorful and so unique.  I had never seen art like that before.  It inspired me to do research on him and I have several of his cut out prints hanging in my house. 

 3 of 4 Matisse prints I have hanging in my house.  This is the family room & my kids wanted to pose for the picture!


I have grown to love his paintings as well and one day I will make it back to France to see the church he designed with lots of beautiful stained glass in his cut out style.

10. Have you ever met someone famous?
Yes, several.  But that's because there is a movie studio here in Wilmington and One Tree Hill is currently filmed here and before that Dawson's Creek.  I met and waited on Katie Holmes (she was shy) when I worked in the Barnes & Noble Cafe during college.  I also saw many celebrities there including Burt Reynolds, Alfre Woodard, Joshua Jackson, Jerry O'Connell,  and Donald Sutherland.  I have also seen Chad Michael Murry around town (not very nice either).  I also met TC (Roger E. Mosley) from Magnum, P.I. at a track and field event I went to with my mom when I was a kid.  Oh and he was very nice!

blog comments powered by Disqus