Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Confessions of the Day 18

You know how there is always the one ghetto house on the block??  Well my house would be it this week ... umm OK last 2 weeks.  For one thing our grass was really, really ridiculously overgrown.  It was a bit long when we got back from Tennessee (that was TWO weeks ago).  But then James and I had to go right back to work and we have been in a heat wave so mowing just can't happen in the heat of the day (from about 10AM to 5PM). Well then there is issue that I have never mowed a lawn before and don't know how to work the lawn mower (I in theory understand how it works and I am sure I can do if I had to ... it's not rocket science) so that leaves James to do it.  Plus we have been having afternoon/evening storms almost everyday.  So that rules out doing it in the evening.  I must admit it was really bad.  I just knew we were going to get a nasty letter from our HOA (it finally got mowed today btw).  But then driving home from work last night I was looking at our jungle of yard and the broken screen door and the toys in driveway, along with the extra cars and I had to admit that we are the ghetto house at least for a few weeks.

I have been to the movies 3 times in 4 days.  I love going to the movies.  It's my escape.  So I went with my movie buddy and friend Ivy Thursday and then again tonight.  But I also went on Friday when James and I had our date night.  So you can skip Dinner for Schmucks (really silly and not as good as the original) but Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is so much better than I would have thought.  And finally The Switch was cute but you won't miss anything by waiting for the DVD.

I hate Sponge Bob Square Pants!  It's a fact and I never (usually .. just wait) let my kids watch it.  Now James will let them watch it but that's different.  I just can't stand it.  Well I was organizing and going through some things in my craft/scrap booking room this afternoon and my 2 1/2 year old daughter came in.  I didn't mind having her in there with me but of course she started playing with paintbrushes and trying to walk off with some of my origami flowers so when she turned on the TV I let her watch it.  I flipped around for some cartoons and the ONLY one on was yep you guessed it Sponge Bob dumb ass Pants.  And yes I let her watch it so she would stay out of my stuff...  mother with outstanding morals right here.

blog comments powered by Disqus