Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday



1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
My honest answer is I don't read a blog EVERYDAY.  If I really like a blog I will subscribe by email so that I have a copy of the newest posts in my inbox to read at my convince.  Roots and Rings and the South 'n France Blog being the ones I have sent via email.  I have tried Google reader but I forget to check it.  So having the new posts sent to me is the best way.  For those blogs hosted on Blogger (like mine) I will scroll through the reading list on my dashboard about twice a week and read the ones I like the most (Craving Cupcakes, IKEA Hackers, The Savvy Savin' Mama, and Fuegita Bonita).

2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
Well my oldest and best friend ever is Jennie.  I have known her since 5th grade and she knows every boring and not so boring detail of my life.  I have posted about her several times (she used to be the traffic reporter on WXII in Greensboro) on here because I am so proud of what she's done and it was kinda cool to see one of your best friends on TV.  But she lives about 3 hours away so I don't get to see her enough at all.  James is also one of my best friends.  He is the one first one I call to talk about anything and everything.  I have to admit that I have never had a ton of girlfriends in my life.  And when I first lived here after college I didn't have any who lived here but after my son was born I found a wonderful mommy group and found Ivy & Jennifer.  Ivy has far and away become one of my best friends forever.  And Jennifer is not only one of my best friends but also my neighbor which is really cool.  And I can't imagine my life without any of them!


3. What’s your daily make up routine?
So on a typical day when I am just at home with Marley or running errands I don't wear any make up.  When I was working I always wore make up and I wear it to go out.  So when I do wear it I wear tinted moisturizer, powdered mineral foundation, creme blush, mascara, and eye shadow.


4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
I hit the movies once a week with Ivy because we share a LOVE of movies and Carmike Cinemas popcorn and we manage to talk during the previews.  But when I go out with all my girlfriends here I prefer to do dinner or drinks so that we can all talk and catch up.

5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
I try to.  I always file my nails and keep them fairly short because that's what works best when folding my origami creations.  I love having long nails and can grow them out but it just doesn't work well with folding origami or working with the Mod Podge I use to make frames.  I always try to have polish on my toes but I honestly haven't had any on in the last couple of weeks.  I have been meaning to get to my manicurist for the last 3 weeks because I usually go around my birthday but I finally got an appointment with her for this Thursday and I am soooooooo looking forward to it!!

6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?


 I did have 3 roommates (Ali, Karen and Julie) on campus my first year in college and that was OK.  There were some personality conflicts among the group.  I tried to keep my head down and be friends with all of them because I liked all of them.  Not sure it worked that well.  But I did end up moving out to a 2 bedroom apartment off campus after freshmen year.  The original plan was for my high school boyfriend at the time to come move to Wilmington with me and we would share the apartment.  But on the day of the move in he basically told me he had cheated on me and didn't want to move.  Nice right??  Anyway I had to scramble to find a roommate to share the rent.  I found one but she bounced checks on me and had her slacker, surfer boyfriend (he left half the beach sand in my shower) move in without asking.  So after the summer was over I kicked her out.  I then got one of my old roommates  Karen from my freshman year to move in with me.  The kicker was that I was really good friends with Ali one of the other freshman year girls and the two did not get along at all.  It was awkward.  I felt bad that they didn't like each other and that Ali felt uncomfortable being around Karen.  It kinda sucked and I know Ali felt like I betrayed her.  At the time I wasn't aware of how Ali felt and I wish I had.  I hated how that friendship ended (it ended later after another incident, which I can't remember right now.... hmmm now that's gonna bug me).  Anyway after about 6 months of living with Karen she got into a really bad car accident on the way back from Christmas break.  So she couldn't come back to school but also couldn't get her stuff out of her room so that I could get a new roommate.  She did pay rent but I then had to cover everything else and it was tight.  So after that I decided NO more roommates and I moved into a one bedroom apartment by myself.


7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
It's not really an outfit but I have several v-neck t-shirts from Target in lots of different colors.  I love them!  They are cute and comfy and I can add a colored tank top underneath to mix things up.

8. Do you have a beauty secret?
Not really!  I joke that I don't have any wrinkles because I keep a nice layer of fat on and that hides/keeps the wrinkles away!!

9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
I sure did!!

10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
I guess from magazines and going to makeup counters but also doing plays at school too.

blog comments powered by Disqus