Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


I love, love, LOVE the questions this week!!!

1. When someone asks you for a book recommendation, what is your go-to book?
Honestly it's Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer.  It's a heavy book full of history and religion but I could not put it down!!  It's all about fundamentalist Mormon sects and their history and why they are like they are today.  It's downright fascinating!!!  Plus I am sort of obsessed with FLDS to begin with.

2.  Do you buy your books, or are you a library patron?
I buy or trade for my books.  Now that I have a Kindle I am buy most of my books for it (but I use Swagbuck rewards {wanna sign up for Swagbucks it's great!! just go here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/katiemommy} to get Amazon gift cards).  But still somethings are not available in ebook format and sometimes I just like to have a hard copy.  So my first stop is Paperback Swap to see if the book I want is available there first (you just use credits you have earned sending out books you no longer want), if it's not then I will buy it from a book store or used book store.  I just don't go to library because I can NEVER get stuff back on time (I am the same way with movies).

3.  E-readers, yay or nay?
YES!!  I LOVE my Kindle to pieces.  I also have an iPad and tried using it as an e-reader but the back light gave me the worst headaches.

4.  What was your favorite book as a child?
I loved to read as a child and I still do. I remember loving One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey because of the illustrations.  As a pre-teen/teenager I loved A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle but I loved all her books period.

5.  If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?
Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books.  She is smart, an excellent and talented witch and lives in the wizzarding world!! What could be better!?!?

6.  What book would you love to see turned into a movie?
I was just thinking last night that the book I am reading right now (Night Road by Kristin Hannah) would be a good movie.

7.  What is your all-time favorite book?
Too hard to choose.  I have so many that I love.  The Laura Ingalls Wilder books (Little House on the Prairie books) are great and I loved them as a child and again as an adult.  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is also a childhood and adult favorite.  The Harry Potter series is one of my favorites too.  Oh and The Bean Trees and Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver.  Oooo the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris are some of my favorites too!!  See I really could keep going and going. 

8.  How many books do you read at once?
Usually only one but I have been known to have 2 going at once.  I can't read more than 2 at a time though, it gets too confusing.

9.  What is your favorite book genre?
I typically read fiction but I love to branch out and will read just about anything and have a slight preference for historical fiction or science fiction but I also really like biographies or autobiographies.

10.  Which Harry Potter book is the best?  Or haven’t you read them at all?
I have each and every one at least twice, some I have read a dozen or so times (I read them to my classes when I was teaching and to Noa).  But I think my favorite is The Prisoner of Azkaban or Half Blood Prince.


blog comments powered by Disqus