Tuesday, September 27, 2011
1. What is your dream vacation?
So many choices .... let's start with a long cruise around the Mediterranean. Italy, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Israel just to start.
2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life?
This is genuinely tough. I've been to soooo many awesome places. I've been so lucky. But my top 3 are;
1. A two week tour of Europe I took in high school. I went with my chorus and we sang in all kinds of awesome places. And I went to 7 countries.
2. A week long cruise to Alaska with my extended family. It was breathtaking, beautiful and so much fun.
3. A two week tour of the of the UK with a school group that included all of my cousins. I LOVE the UK and especially London. Plus I fell in love with Ireland. But it was just fun hanging with my cousins without our parents in a foreign country!
Oh but there are so many more .....
3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why?
Since my best friends and I are all hard working mommies I would have to say a long trip somewhere tropical to be pampered and RELAX!
4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go?
I have booked flights only using sites like Travelocity or Expedia. I suppose it was cheaper than going through the airlines but not by that much since when I do book tickets I check the airlines sites too and go with the cheapest and at times the airlines have been a few dollars cheaper. It all just depends I guess.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re on vacation?
I have a bit of my Mom in me and I want to see the sights and do as much to do as I can.
6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret?
No, I haven't. I don't turn down a trip EVER! In fact I took a train cross country 8 months pregnant to go to Colorado. But my Mom was getting married so I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything, what’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Honestly, an Internet connection. I am such an addict and it would be a great way to keep in touch with my family and friends.
8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories?
Again soooo many. But the one of the first that made me smile was when I was in Dublin with my cousins and one night the whole group was going to see a play but none of us had signed up or paid to go. So we had a free night and we all decided to go to a movie. I know that seems strange but it's SOOOOO my family. We love going to the movies and it's a trait that's been passed down. It was just nice to walk around the city with them and go do something familiar in a foreign city.
9. All included resort or backpacking? Why?
Oh so TOTALLY an all inclusive resort! I've never really been a backpacking kind of girl. I need a hotel and a shower and more than 2 changes of clothes.
10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights?
Both on the same trip if I can get it. I like to lie on the beach for a few hours but then I want to head out and see the sights.