Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 28 & 29 of 30 Day Photo Challenge: Gratitude

I had every intention of getting day 28 up last night after I got my kids in bed and made cupcakes for my daughter's class but I got a call from my dad telling me my grandpa has passed away earlier that day.  As you can imagine I didn't have it in me to post after I heard the news.  Today was bitter sweet as well.  The reality of my grandpa's passing has set in and I will not be able to attend his services (they are in Texas on Thursday and there is no way I make it) and it's my daughter's 4th birthday.

Day 28: Nighttime


My kids and I were leaving a book fair and there is a flag pole with a bunch of nautical flags on it.  You see that a fair amount here at the beach.  I just thought they looked nice spotlighted that night.


Day 29: Light



I kid you not I was literally vacuuming the floor getting ready for my mom to come over and celebrate my daughter's birthday this afternoon, when I look out the window to my back yard and see a brilliant light hitting my fence and then as I glance up I see a perfectly formed rainbow!  I ran out side with my phone to get a photo.  Rainbows don't happen that often here and even less often in November.

blog comments powered by Disqus