Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ten on Tuesday







1. What are your designated chores in your home?
I do 90% of the cooking, 80% of the dishes, 100% of the laundry, and I'd say 75% of the cleaning up and putting away of things.

2. What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
I HATE doing dishes and cleaning the bathroom.

3. What was your designated chore growing up?
I was responsible for doing dishes and my brother and I would take turns emptying the clean dishes.  I also had to clean my room

4. Did you get paid to do chores or was your allowance connected to you completing your chores?
My allowance was connected to finishing my chores.

5. If you had a bit of extra money, would you hire a cleaning person or would you save the money for something else?
If we could afford a cleaning lady I would so totally do it!!

6. What chores will you make your kids do around the house?
They already pick up their rooms and the messes they make in the family room.  My son is old enough that he can feed the cat and the dog so that's one of his chores.  I know my husband can't wait until he's  old enough to mow the lawn.  I'm ready for them to be able to help with dishes or do dishes.

7. How frequently do you do laundry? Wash your sheets? Dust?
I do the laundry once a week.  It takes me about 4-5 loads to wash every one's clothes then I also do the towels/sheets once a week too and that is usually 2-3 loads.  I dust when I can't stand the dust any longer or my children leave hand prints in things.

8. Do you have a designated “chore day” during the week?
No, not really.  I just do things as they need them or the day before someone is supposed to come over.

9. What is your favorite chore–if such a thing exists?
I actually don't mind doing laundry. 

10. Do you do anything to help pass the time while doing chores (music, TV, etc.)?
I should.  I have found that when I put on my iPod and listen to music it makes cleaning much more bearable but I just forget to do that most days.

blog comments powered by Disqus