Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Movie Monday - The Conjuring

I have to start out by telling you that Friday night I got text from Ivy telling me to make sure I got a lot of sleep over the weekend because we were seeing The Conjuring on Monday.  My first reaction was WHY?!?! I'm not a fan of horror movies and neither is Ivy.  In fact we cringe and hide during the PREVIEWS for horror movies. So why in the world did she want to drag me to this.  Well the answer is two fold.  For one thing it was filmed here in Wilmington, NC where we live and two it was getting really good ratings, especially compared to the other movies out that we hadn't already seen.  So we waffled for awhile but finally we steeled ourselves and went.



The Conjuring is about a family that decides to leave the city and moves into a beautiful old farm house in the country.  Pretty much as soon as they move in weird and disturbing things start to happen.  Woven into the story line of the family is the story of Ed (played by Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine (Played by Vera Farmiga) Warren who are paranormal investigators.  The movie shows their back story and what they do to help people, which I found incredibly interesting.  Things in the family's house keep getting worse and worse so the mother Carolyn (played by ) seeks out the help of Ed and Lorraine Warren.  They agree to help solve the mystery and help the family get rid of the dark presence in the house.

It's creepy and scary and I jumped or covered my eyes several times.  Ivy and I were also talking obnoxiously through the scarier moments to break the tension.  BUT it was good!!! It scared the crap outta me at times but the story was compelling and fascinating.  I also found that because it's not really all that bloody or gory I liked it better than other horror movies like Saw.  So my rating is 4 1/2 pop corn buckets out of 5!!



blog comments powered by Disqus