Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mommy Group Blahs

I just sent a kinda bitchy email to the "leaders" of my local "moms group". I have been a member of this group since my son was a baby so almost 4 years now. Not only have I been an active member but was also the secretary for 2 years so I know how things are supposed to go and what it takes to make the group successful. But I gotta say I am less than pleased with things right now. Events are getting canceled left and right (sometimes 2 or 3 days before the event) b/c people are not rsvping. Now this is stupid b/c most of the rsvps come in the night before so canceling something 2 days out is a cop out and you just wanna cancel the event period. It just sucks for those of us who had planned on coming but just were not on top of rsvping right away. Mother's night out also somehow just got forgotten last month too. Gotta say that is just slack. Never would have happened when my friend and I were in charge of the calendar. Like I said I know what it takes to run the group and it's really not that hard. And yes things get forgotten but by 5 people all at once??? Anyway I've just had a thorn in my side about this for the last couple of weeks.

blog comments powered by Disqus