Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Careers are for crybabies

Right now my career is non-existent to say the least. Unless of course you count driving screaming kids, changing diapers, playing board games until you are bored stiff (ha ha), making Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, and house work a career. I guess from some it is a 30 year career. I on the other hand will have to be forced back to the work force at some point. It may be sooner rather than later thanks to this lovely Bush economy. And the thought of having to return to the real world work force scares the crap out of me. I gotta say being a stay at home mom is great work if you can get it. I love my kids and being home with them has been so great (it has it's moments when I think why I am torturing myself). But I don't have to wear skirts or dress up if I don't want to. If I don't put make up on it's not a big deal. I am still up early but hell I don't have be out of my house having intelligent conversations with people I just have to talk about Star Wars and what's for lunch. So here's my ponderings as of late. Do I go back to teaching or do I find something else to do??? I taught special education for about 3 years before I had my son and quit all together. I also have a masters in special ed. but I let my teaching certificate run out last year. I have NO motivation to take classes to get my certificate back. Plus I just can't imagine going back to teaching right now. I just don't have the love I once had and well to be a special ed. teacher I think you NEED to have that love for it, for yourself and for the kids you teach. I have also screwed the pooch with teaching in my county because of the tattoo I got a few months ago. This lovely very conservative county is cracking down big time on teachers and appearance standards. So my wrist tattoo will have to be covered all the time which is bullshit if you ask me and frankly I don't think I should have to. So what to do now... that is the question. Can't someone just pay me to sit around playing on the Internet while taking care of my own children??? Come on anyone??? Anyone??

blog comments powered by Disqus