Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crafty crafty

March is National Crafting Month, I didn't have a clue until I saw it posted on one of my friend's Facebook status messages (thanks Candy!).  I consider myself purdy darn crafty if I do say so myself.  I have store on Etsy and I get some commissions for frames (ok so it's family doing the commissions but it still counts).

 My most recent commission my Sister-in-law requested for her friend's new baby boy



I scrapbook, decoupage, make candles and other crafts that cross my fancy.  I have tried quilting (even made a baby quilt once), sewing (made the curtins in my son's room), and knitting (really failed with this one!).  So when I realized that tomorrow was the day all the kids at my son's school could go to school dressed as their favorite Dr. Seuss character because this week was Dr. Seuss' birthday, I thought no big deal I'm crafty!! Ha!  Well my son wanted to be the Grinch.


I knew we didn't have a Santa hat let alone a child sized Santa suit nor does he have a green shirt or pants.  And considering I am no seamstress that option was out.  His next choice was the Cat in the Hat.


Simple enough he has black pants and a shirt.  I whipped out a red bandana to use as the bow tie and we were gonna make the hat but as soon as my son saw the bandana and the cat ears he had put on in the mirror he decided it was just too embarrassing.  So after some arguing about how the cat ears and bandana bow tie looked fine, I gave in and started looking on the internet for ideas.  I came across a picture with a bunch of Dr. Seuss' charters together and saw Horton for Horton Hears a Who.


I then suddenly remembered we have a Horton board game that comes with a Horton mask you wear to pick up clovers.  So as soon as I mentioned that he was happy.  He has a Horton mask and clover to wear to school and not be really embarrassed by his mother's lack of crafting ability.

blog comments powered by Disqus