Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?

The fact is I thought I wanted to be a teacher even back then.  Now what I REALLY wanted to be I knew wasn't plausible (back up singer or artist)  so I went for practical.  At that point I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a Spanish teacher or a special education teacher.  Well I did end up becoming a special education teacher because it was practical and I wanted to help kids who were in the same boat I had been in during my school career (I had/have a learning disability).

2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?

I was shocked at how expensive little things like deodorant, soap, and razors were!  And how fast that adds up and takes away from your going out fun money.

3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.

I don't call often enough.  I am just not a phone person.
I get lost in my own world sometimes and forget to check in and see how everyone else is.  And it's not because I don't care.  I care a lot I just think some times no ones misses me or that I am bothering them.
Some times my sarcasm may be too much.

4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?

White noise is fine but I don't have to have it.  Ideally I like it to be really quiet.

5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city? Yes, you have a choice
:-)
I came here to Wilmington to go to college and had every intention of moving back to Chapel Hill (where I grew up and where my family was at the time) or somewhere in the Triangle after college.  But I met my hubby and we started to build a life here and well it became home and being 10 minutes from the beach is nice.

6. Are you close to your parents?

I am close to my mom who just moved  here from Colorado to be closer to us!  Yea!

7. What is your favorite fiction book? Poem? Blog?

Choosing one fiction book is like choosing which one of my kids is my favorite, I just can't do it!!  So here are just a few of my favorites.  Pigs in Heaven and The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingslover,  Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer,  Angles & Demons by Dan Brown,  Centennial by James Michener and Star Wars Vol. 1 Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn.

I am just not a poetry person.  I don't mind reading it and it was fine to read for english classes in high school and college but I just don't have the urge to seek it out and read it for fun.

I love blogs so once again I give you a few.  Cake Wrecks (too funny and involves cake what could be better?), Little People Wealth (money saving blog), Ikea Hacker (Ikea furniture and good design ideas)

8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?

I enjoy it most of the time.  It becomes a chore when I have forgotten to pull something out of the freezer and it's 5PM and my two year old is hanging onto my legs crying.  Which happens about every other day!!

9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?

I have 4 tattoos and plan on several more.  Yes several more new ones and touch up/fixes for a few of my older not so great quality ones.  It's kind of an addiction once you start.  I love the art of it and the individuality it gives me.

10. If you were given your own national holiday, what would you require people to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Day of You? Would there be a parade? Greeting cards?

Everyone one would have to eat pancakes but not just any old pancakes.  They would have to use my recipe (that was my mom's childhood friends' fathers) and none of that box crap.
Lunch would be turkey and avocado sandwiches.
Dinner would be eating out at whatever restaurant they wanted.  Because really who wants to cook all the time?
It would be a greeting card holiday because you can never get too many greeting cards (they are good mail and you know someone was thinking about you).

blog comments powered by Disqus