Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. What television character do you identify with?
This is a hard one.  There are very few tv shows that have realistic women characters especially stay at home ones that aren't too cartoonish.  But I remember back in my early 20's when I was single and dating I really identified with Susan Keane the main character played by Brooke Shields on the show Suddenly Susan.  She was tall and clumsy and she just reminded me of me because of the way she handled things.  I have also been told (long ago) that I kinda looked like Brooke Shields (it's the eyebrows we both have thick eyebrows and I refuse to thin them down too much).




2. Describe your morning routine.
 Most mornings I am woken up by one of my children around 7ish.  Some days earlier sometimes later.  If Noa's already been taken to school by James then I put on some tv for Marley while I take a shower.  We then eat and either head out for some morning play or stay home and she plays while I clean or do house work.  On the days I take Noa to school I get up between 6:30 and 7 and depending on how early I get up I either take a shower or not.  We get breakfast and head out to his school.  I drop him off and sit in the parking lot (I am shocked no one has called the cops on me yet .. random woman sitting in her car in parking lot facing a playground) and read for about 40 minutes before I head in to volunteer in his classroom for an hour.

3. How do you do lunch? Bring from home or dine out? Same thing every day or mix it up?
Since I am home 95% of the time we eat whatever is here.  Usually sandwiches or leftovers but occasionally we will eat out or bring home lunch on the way home from a morning out.

4. What is one moment that, although seemingly trivial at the time, changed your life?
Well I would say browsing house listings online almost 7 years ago.  James and I were living in our condo but were considering moving to a house because he wanted a yard and I wanted to have kids and we needed more space for that.  So we were just kinda looking not really getting too serious when I stumbled upon a listing I loved.  We decided to go for it and call the real estate agent listed and see it.  Well we fell in love and ended up buying it.  Not only did we get a house I love (even with the Pepto Bismol colored carpet upstairs and white melamine cabinets) but I found one of my best friends my neighbor down the street along with her kids who are great friends with my kids.

5. Name your top three beauty products. 
Yes to Cucumbers Natural Glow Facial Towelettes- removes makeup at night and cleans skin but feels good and refreshing.  


Anything Burt's Bees!! But I really love their Herbal Blemish Stick (great for zapping zits overnight), Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub (exfoliates and adds back moisture), and their Honey Lip Balm (best lip balm I have ever used and smells SOOOO good).  Honestly I could give you at least 3 more of their products that are great but I will stop there.


6. What do you do when you’re alone in the car?
I crank the adult music and sing at the top of my lungs!!!!!

7. What is the ideal city for you to live in? If you can, take this survey (< that’s a link) and tell us the results. Do you agree with them?
Here's my top 6 in order according to the website:

1. Charleston, WV
2. Albuquerque, NM
3. Reno, NV
4. Baltimore, MD
5. Santa Fe, NM
6. Frederick, MD

I don't know what to make of the results.  Apparently I want more snow since all of these places get more snow than we do here but that doesn't take much.  I have only been ever been to Charleston and Baltimore and I was just passing through both so I don't know much about them.  It's very interesting. I think I disagree though. 

8. Are you waiting for something?
I am waiting to hear from back from a few old bosses for letters of recommendations so that I can apply for a job.

9. What was the last shocking news you heard?
Well there has been so much bad news lately about the health of loved ones and even some deaths that I would have to say all of those.

10. What are three things you wouldn’t do for a million dollars?
I wouldn't hurt or harm or kill anyone.
I wouldn't do anything involving poisonous snakes.
Nothing that would injure myself.
There's lots I wouldn't do.  Sometimes money isn't always worth it.

blog comments powered by Disqus