Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How do full time working moms do it??????

Here is the catch up.  I have been a stay at home mom for almost 7 years now.  Before staying home I was a special education teacher.  I liked teaching but not sure that is what I want to go back and do (for several reasons) that.  I have been trying to start up my Etsy shop which is going OK but not nearly enough to call it a full time job (pay wise).   So I have been on the lookout for something else.  Well I managed to find a part time gig a few weeks ago.  I am a companion or also known as a home companion.  I have a client and I help him get around to different places he needs to go, do volunteer work, and just be a well a companion.  It's been enjoyable and I like it.  But it's only 20 hours a week but for now that is OK.  Despite it only being 20 hours a week I am finding it hard to get my normal stuff done!!!!  My blog is suffering, my Etsy shop is suffering, laundry is suffering, and house work is suffering!!! I guess it doesn't help that in middle of all this we are winding down school (lots of parties and fun things I have to remember to send things in for), we have family visiting for holidays (being at the beach is fun also very busy), and saying good bye to a friend (with 2 going away functions and our last GNO together).  And as usual I had about 15 minutes to bang this out while eating lunch, during my daughter's nap.  But now I have to go get my son off the bus and start my very busy afternoon of playing, homework, laundry, dinner and what ever else needs attention in my house.....

blog comments powered by Disqus