Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


 These are my questions so I hope you like them :)...  oh and manged to show my age with the Breakfast Club question...


1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?
Hands down THE GOONIES!!!! I own it on DVD and was so excited to introduce my son to it a few years ago.

2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
I can cuss like a sailor and do a lot,  probably too much.  I had to curb it when I was teaching and I kind of broke the habit then but it came back with a vengeance when my son was born and I was home.  I try not to do it in front of my kids and really really try not to in front of other peoples kids.  But I have been known to let it fly in the car and when I get hurt or pissed off.

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Intelligent, distant, stoic

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
I was painfully shy as a child (in the 80's) so Ally Sheedy's character Allison who is shy and strange and an outcast.  I was never an outcast but I identify with being shy and people thinking I'm strange.

5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
I mean I could sing these songs acapella (no music) from start to finish on command, I know them that well!!
Solace of You by Living Colour
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Any Madonna song from the 80's
Shoebox by Barenaked Ladies
And my favorite Karaoke song I Will Survive but I love the Cake version the best

6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
Scratch always from scratch.  Honestly it's not that hard to make pancakes from scratch and they are SO much better that I don't really understand why people use mixes.

7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
My first job aside from babysitting was as a cashier in an A&P Grocery store in high school.  It was an old kinda dirty store and it was in a so-so section of town.  We had a lot of people come in using food stamps and WIC (women with children free food program) and we had NO scanners.  Everything was hand priced and I had to hand enter prices and produce codes.  I was actually really fast and quite good but dealing with food stamps and WIC was difficult because you had to ring things separately and it was just a big pain.  Plus the attitudes of the people coming in after work to pick up stuff was terrible!  They were always pissed we never had enough cashiers and they would take it out on me.

8. What was your favorite class in high school?
Chorus and ceramics.  I lived for those classes!  They made my day.  I also had a really good history teacher I liked to take but I couldn't take him every year like I could chorus or ceramics.

9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
The beach.  I have lived here for 16 years but never really cared about living so close to the beach but the last couple of years I have really enjoyed going and want to go with my kids.

10. Please share your best money saving tip!
Store brand food vs. name brands.  They are more often than not exactly the same and if they are they usually just as good.  In fact my husband worked in a Food Lion during high school as a stock boy and he said that when he would go to unpack say Comet Rice box he would open it and it would actually be Food Lion brand rice.  So it was all coming from the SAME factory but just put into different packaging.

blog comments powered by Disqus