Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010




1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I don't think I always carried anything around me 24/7.  But I was very attached to a blanket and pillow set.  It was a quilted white satin blanket with matching pillow.  I think it was given to me as a newborn.  But I loved that blanket it was so silky and I loved the way it smelled.  I still have both but they are a bit worse for wear.

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
I like to have my iPod Touch with me all the time.  Then I can check email or Facebook if I happen to be somewhere with wifi.  Plus I can listen to music or play a game of solitaire if I a have a few free moments.  If I happen to leave it at home I just go on with out it but I end up thinking about it or missing it.  If I happen to remember it and I haven't left the neighborhood I will go home and get it.


3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
My craft room.  It can be closed off so my children can't come in and bother me.  Not to mention it's not child proofed so Marley really shouldn't be in there anyway.  Plus just getting in there and being creative or just puttering is relaxing for me.

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
James is genuinely funny and caring.  He is always making me laugh which I need (I tend to take thing too seriously).

5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
I have two jobs.  All week I am home with my kiddos and I love being with them and knowing what their day is like.  And knowing when they need me I am here.  My second job is as a photographer at a large chain portrait studio on the weekends.  My favorite thing about working there is meeting new people and playing with itty bitty babies.  But overall it's just fun to give people great pictures they will have up in their house.

6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
My mom taught us how to be polite and appreciative to EVERYONE.  And I still to this day say thank to you people who wait on me weather it's the cashier at the grocery store or my waitress at a restaurant.  I don't think enough people are polite anymore and it's annoying to me.  So I make sure my kids say please and thank you to everyone that helps them or gives them something.

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
Three Little Birds by Bob Marley.  I love Bob Marley (and Ziggy) and have always liked this song but when I was pregnant with my first child Noa I read somewhere that playing music to the baby through your belly was good for brain development.  So I started playing music to him.  Mostly classical because I had read about the benefits of it but I just randomly put on Bob Marley's Legend album and Noa started kicking and "dancing" way in my belly!  So that became a regular staple.  Then after he was born I would actually sing Three Little Birds to him.  In fact if he had been a girl his name would have been Marley.  Well then I got pregnant again and it was girl so guess what her name is Marley!  She also got Bob in the womb and I sing it to her as well.  So anyway every time I hear this song I think of my wonderful babies.



8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
My favorite thing is that we live in a country where we have the freedom to say what we want and practice what ever religion we want.

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?

Tortillas with cheddar cheese that have been broiled in the oven and served with lettuce, tomatoes and my mom's homemade guacamole.  I remember this being a very special treat for dinner and sometimes we got to eat it in the living room watching TV.

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
My brownies, my dependability, and my ability to listen.

blog comments powered by Disqus