Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Custom Etsy Job

If you are new to my blog I sell frames, mirrors, clocks, origami flower ornaments, and origami flower mobiles on Etsy.  If you read my blog regularly well then I am sorry and you already know all this (sorry)!  But did you know that you can request custom items from sellers on Etsy???  Well you can! There are a few ways to do this.  One is to ask a seller outright to do a custom piece if you see something in their shop and want one like it but with what ever change you need.  The other way is post an alchemy request.  You basically just write up a post detailing what you want and what price you are willing to pay.  Then sellers on Etsy bid on the job and you pick a winner.  Now I have never use the alchemy option but I just had my first custom request last week!  A mom messaged me and asked if I could make one of my origami flower mobiles in a custom color scheme to match her daughter's nursery.  She wanted citrus colors with a pop of bright pink.  I looked through my paper stock and found some nice green, yellow, and orange shades.  I emailed her the shades and got approval then went to the store and got some bright pink to add in.  It came out really well!!  It's a fun, bright mobile!  Here a some pictures of it.  I loved doing the custom request.  It was a challenge and something different.  So here's to hoping I get some more custom requests for my flower mobiles, frames, or origami flower ornaments!!

 Bottom view


 Looking at the mobile straight on


Close up bottom view

blog comments powered by Disqus