Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday



1. Favorite way to travel (plane, train, automobile, etc.)
Plane simply because it's faster when you are going long distances.  I used to love to fly when I was younger but with all the cut backs and changes it's not so fun anymore.

2. Where’s your favorite place to travel to that you’ve been to?
I loved NYC the one time I went and I really want to go back.  But my most favorite city is London.  I've been 3 times but I would go again in a heart beat. 

3. Where’s the place that you want to go but have never been?
Place? How about places!  I love to travel and I have so many places I want to see.  My short list is Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, South Africa, Spain and Portugal.

4. Do you deal with traffic well?
No.  My husband should answer this question because he just loves to deal with me and traffic!  I stress out in traffic.  First off I just don't like to drive and I have been in enough accidents (NONE of them my fault thank you very much) that I am kind of a nervous driver in heavy traffic or bad weather.  I tend to yell and freak out very easily.  It's really no fun for anyone in the car.

5. Ever had an emergency while traveling?
In college I got flat while driving home for the weekend.  I was all of 18 and traveling alone and didn't have a cell phone.  Of course the flat happened after all the main exits on I-40 between Wilmington and Chapel Hill.  So there I was stranded on the side of the road with no cell phone and no knowledge about how to change a tire.  Lucky for me a really nice man stopped and put my spare tire on for me.  If he hadn't stopped I don't know what I would have done.  Most likely walk to the nearest phone and that would have been really safe!

6. Do you have a passport? What countries have you been to?
Yep I've had one since I was 16.  I'm not sure you guys really want me to list ALL the countries I've been to but I think it will be fun so here goes...
Canada
Mexico
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Aruba
Curacao
Grenada
Venezuela
Jamaica
Bahamas
Kiribati
United Kingdom ( I've been to England, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland & Whales)
France
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Italy
Luxembourg

7. Are you’ve light packer or do you pack everything but the kitchen sink?
I am a light packer unless I over think things.  When I over think I tend to add crap thinking I will need it and then I never do.

8. Do you take the fastest route or the road less traveled?
Depends.  If I have to be somewhere by a specific time then the fastest but if I've got the time I like to take the road less traveled.

9. Do any activities on the road? (like road games, reading, sleeping, etc. )
I wish I could read in the car!!!!  I have always wanted to but I get really car sick when I do.  So I just listen to music or deal with the kids.

10. Use a paper map or GPS?
I haven't used a paper map in ages!!!  Once Mapquest or Google maps came along I just started getting turn by turn directions from them and printing them out.  Then I got my iPod Touch which has a mapping app I used. But now thanks to our recent acquisition we have a GPS in our new mini-van.  It's not a brand new van (thanks to my mom who sold us her old Honda mini-van) but a nice used one!

blog comments powered by Disqus