Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


1. Mac or Windows? (Or Linux for you super geeks!)
Mac.  I was actually thinking about doing a post on this sometime in the future, so my short answer is Mac and has always been Mac.

2. What drew you to that operating system?
Grew up using it and never changed and I hate Windows.

3. Mice – Wireless or Wired? Mouse pad or none?
I have a laptop and I have a wireless mouse but I use the touch pad pretty much all the time.

4. Other than the Internet – What do you use your computer most for?
Photos, music, work (word processing, spread sheets).

5. What’s one computer-related thing you wish you were best at? (CSS, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)
Trouble shooting when things break and then being able to fix them.  I suck at that.  But that's what I have James for.

6. Describe the first time you ever used a computer.
Wow, well it would have to be either when I was in elementary school and we got to go to the computer lab and do the little turtle program where the you made the turtle (triangle) move around the screen with basic commands or when my mom first brought home our Apple Macintosh.  Man that answer just showed my age.  Does anyone even remember the turtle program??????

7. How often do you upgrade to a new operating system?
When I can afford to, or my brother lets me borrow the latest Mac upgrade he bought.

8. Are you a short-cutter (CTRL+C) or a right-clicker?
More of a short cutter.

9. Is computer-use a constant thing in your life (such as using it both at work and home) or do you get a break (because you don’t use them at work)?
I don't use them while I am at work because my location doesn't have any.  I was promised some computers for my students but I have yet to see them.  I would LOVE to have some computers at work.  But I am on my computer at home a lot.

10. Where do you think the world would be if personal computers did not exist?
Oh man who knows!!  I don't want to think about a world with out Facebook!

blog comments powered by Disqus