Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


1. Do you listen to the radio in your car?  If so, what type of station do you like?
Yep, I do listen to the radio in the car.  I like the local top 20 station  and the mix station (meaning plays hits from the 80's, 90's and today).  I also happen to like some talk radio.  I LOVE Clark Howard!   He is a financial talk show guy and he comes on a local talk radio station from 1pm-3pm everyday.  I catch the last part of his show on my way home from work.  But he can be found on CNN or HLN too doing segments.

2. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
It's a tie between Eric Clapton and Tom Petty.  I saw Eric Clapton when I was in high school right after he got HUGE with Tears in Heaven.  But I loved him and grew up listening to him so I was super excited when he was going to play in Chapel Hill, so my boyfriend and I went.  I then saw Tom Petty in college during his Wildflowers tour. My best friend Jennie and I went and of course anything I do with Jennie is fun. Awesome show.

3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended?
Again it's a tie.  I saw New Kids on the Block twice (yes twice ... shut it) at their height of popularity.  I was in middle school people and they were HUGE.  And yes I was in love with Jon the gay one....
But I also went to a Motley Crue concert during their Dr. Feelgood tour.  Their warm up act was Warrant (you know the Cherry Pie band).  I have much more appreciation for them now but I wasn't then and am not now a huge metal fan.  They were free tickets so I went but it's not something I would have paid to see.

4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be?
Well I'm going to have to go with Adele.  I think she has an amazing voice.  It's not all that mainstream but amazing none the less.

5. You’re auditioning for American Idol.  What song do you sing?
Three Little Birds by Bob Marley.  Strange choice I know but I love it and I sang it to both my kids as babies and I have my own little take on it.

6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs?
The Lazy Song By Bruno Mars.... really we didn't much at all this weekend.  Oh wait we finally replaced the exhaust fan in our master bathroom that's been broken since we moved in (9 years ago).  But I can not think of any song for home repair.

7. Most annoying television show theme song ever:
I'm gonna go with The Love Boat.  I hated that theme song ... it gets stuck in my head and I hated the show.

8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible?
For the most part.  We share a love of classic rock and 90's rock.  He really doesn't get my reggae love or my 80's music obsession.  I like wise don't love Whitesnake or metal bands in general.  I like Cake (it's a band not actual cake ... but we do like cake too) but don't LOVE them till the end of time like James.

9. A song that brings me back to middle school:
Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard.  That song played at EVERY middle school dance I went to and I went to their concert in jr. high .... oh and again in 2003.

10. A song that brings me back to high school:
Today by Smashing Pumpkins and  Crazy by Aerosmith.  As usual couldn't choose just one.  

11. A guilty pleasure song (or three):
Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
Bad Touch by The Blood Hound Gang
I Want it That Way by The Backstreet Boys


blog comments powered by Disqus