Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would every pay you for?

My most favorite mobile & most popular! Bright Punch Mobile
Mini flower origami ornament
There was a question on last week's Ten on Tuesday that really hit home and made me really think about what is going on in my life right now. The question was 5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would every pay you for?

Custom Mobile I did this month 
  In The Red Frame

It didn't take me but a heartbeat to answer the question.  Running my Etsy store and making art and crafts that people buy for their homes.  I still can not believe I have sold one thing let alone close to 100 things between Etsy and here locally.  That may not sound like a lot and in terms of a full time seller it's not.  But if you had asked me a few years ago did I think I would selling my mobiles and frames and be getting more and more business?  I don't think I would have thought it would be going this well.  Granted I still have a lot to learn.  I've got to figure out this whole marketing thing and a little bookkeeping while I'm at it.  But I LOVE making my mobiles, frames, origami and clocks, talking to customers and making custom mobiles to match new baby nurseries.   It's challenging and fun and creative.  It gives me something that no other job I've been paid to do has given me.  It doesn't feel like work ... EVER.  I will admit that bookkeeping is daunting but because it's for me and my shop it doesn't feel like so much of a chore.

The Blues Frame
 Another Custom Mobile
It's honestly really hard to put into words how I feel when I a make a sale or I get amazing feedback from my customers.  At times it has made me tear up because I am so happy. Sappy ... yes I know but it's just nice to do something I love and get money for it.  Maybe one day I will have enough business to do it full time.  That would be the end all be all I think ....

Another custom mobile
Puzzle Piece Clock
I don't know you full time business owners may think differently!?!?
                                                  

Custom Mobile 
Blue Squares Frame


Purple Haze Frame  
Custom Mobile

 Custom mobile


blog comments powered by Disqus