Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday



1. How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
I think it's gotten a bit out of hand and very commercial but I like the idea of it.  I like telling my husband I love him and having a good excuse to go on a date.

2. Are you in love?
Oh yes!

3. What is your favorite love song?
In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel.  It is in fact the song James and I chose to dance to at our wedding since we didn't really have a song. 

4. Did your parents do anything for you on Valentine’s Day when you were a child?
They did.  I always remember getting a card, a little box of candy and some little gift.

5. What is your love language? (Click here if you want to take the quiz.)
OK I did the quiz and it's Acts of Service.  I really don't know much about it at all.

6. How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Gifts? Dinner?
James and I usually go out to dinner and he gets me a card and some flowers.  We have exchanged gifts in the past but we won't be doing gifts for each other this year.  We tired to line a babysitter but our sitter was out of town last weekend as well as my mom so we are just going to go to lunch together because both kids will be in school.

7. What is your favorite flower?
Roses are nice but my favorite are gerbera daisies.

8. What is your favorite love story? (Book and/or movie.)
Say Anything...
I love that movie so much! 

9. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Or you have done for someone?
One year for Valentine's day way before we had kids, James printed out over 100 little strips of paper that said I Love You and placed them all over our old condo.  I came home from grad school to little I Love Yous all over the house.  It was so sweet and I was so touched.

10. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Honestly, we met on AOL.  You know way back in the 90's when most everyone was using AOL dial up!  Anyway we both were on AOL and I was living in Wilmington and he lived in a town about an hour and a half away but he was thinking of moving here.  Anyway he IM'd me to chat about Wilmington but I think it was just to flirt.  But we kept in touch through email and IM.  Then one day as were bitching about hating our retail jobs we discovered that we worked in different retails stores but ones in the same shopping center.  So we decided to meet.  I worked in the Cafe in Barnes & Noble and he come over one day on his lunch break at Walmart.  The plan was to talk a few minutes during a 15 min. break for me.  Well we sat down to talk and almost an hour later we were still talking!  We then went out on a date and we've been together ever since!

blog comments powered by Disqus