Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Movie Monday - World War Z



This week I've already seen two movies.  But I'm only going to review one right now.  I will review the other one later in the week.  So tonight I saw World War Z starring Brad Pitt.  Ok so Brad Pitt plays an ex UN employee who (I think) is in the middle of taking his family on vacation or on a trip when the zombie apocalypse happens.  In the middle of the apocalypse he is contacted by a big wig from the UN to help figure out the whole zombie virus/contagion origin.  He leaves his family because he's got no other option and goes on a mission to find ground zero for the zombie virus/contagion.  Lots of suspenseful  moments then follow.  He figures a few things out and that's really about it (at least without giving away anything).

I'm not a fan of horror, so I was a little uncertain how gory this was going to be.  It's not gory really at all, but creepy and suspenseful yes.  Overall I liked it and so did Ivy.  It's pretty nail biting suspenseful and we both jumped a few times.  There are some plot holes but if you just kinda overlook those it's all good.  We saw it in 3D and I didn't think it was worth it.  There was nothing that really stood out about the 3D unlike some other summer movies I've seen in 3D (Star Trek totally worth the 3D).  The only reason we did see it in 3D was because it was the only good time it was showing.  So if you like zombie movies and or Brad Pitt then this is a good bet but skip the 3D.

Update: Movie rating added after the original posting.  My rating is 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
 

blog comments powered by Disqus