Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Movie Monday - The Heat

I'm going to start this off saying if you find bad language offensive then stop reading RIGHT NOW.  I don't usually use foul language on my blog but I am going to in honor of The Heat.  So read on if you don't mind a fuck or a shit thrown into a movie review.



Tonight I saw The Heat with and Melissa McCarthy.  Sandra Bullock plays a socially awkward, by the book FBI agent named Sarah Ashburn who is sent on assignment to Boston to bring down a big time drug king pin in order to secure a promotion.  She is forced to partner with Melissa McCarthy's charter Shannon Mullins who is an out of the box (waaaayyyyy out of the fucking box) Boston cop.  Lots of shooting, bad language, laughs and family dysfunction follow.

The Heat was FUCKING hysterical.  I am using all the bag language in honor of the movie and well to tell the truth I like to cuss I just save it for real life.  I just didn't feel I could review it with out throwing in a few.  Melissa McCarthy is a comic genius.  Now I know a lot of her lines were probably scripted but her delivery is the shit!  But as funny as Mellisa is Sandra Bullock is THE perfect straight man to Melissa's insanity.  I have not honestly laughed that hard in a movie since Bridesmaids.  I was laughing so hard at one point I was crying.  Ivy and I agreed it was one of the best movies we've seen in a very long time!!  Oh and for those of you other 30 somethings out there like me you will enjoy a cameo by Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block!!

Update: New rating scale added since first posting.  My rating is 5 out of 5 popcorn buckets.
 

blog comments powered by Disqus