Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. If given the opportunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?
Oooo good question!  Right now I would take just about any full time job.  But I would rather have my dream job even if it paid squat.  I would rather be fulfilled and happy than rich and miserable.

2. What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)
Being with my family (aka having long weekends) and going to picnics and watching fireworks!

3. What’s the most random fact you know about American history?
Honestly it probably has to be that I know why and how the Morons ended up in Utah.  I have a slight obsession with Mormons and the FLDS church.  I have read a lot on the subject.  You too can know why they ended up in Utah if you read Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer!

4. What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?
I think it was in 2000 and I was on an Alaskan cruise with my family for a family reunion.  Our last port was Vancouver and it was the basically the world cup of fireworks (wish I knew the name of the event) that week.  Several countries were competing against each other and so there were fireworks every night by a different country.  I happened to see the Australia display and it was AMAZING!!  In fact I think they got runner up that year.

5. Who taught you how to put on makeup?
I'm sure my mom gave me tips but I just don't remember her sitting down with me and showing me.  I never was a huge makeup girl anyway.  I wear and have always worn it sporadically.  I always wear it for nice occasions and I go through phases where I will wear it more often but I just don't and have never worn it every day.  I like the freedom of not having to wear it everyday.

6. Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.
Ummm no.  I wish I had.  I would have helped me tremendously about 14 years ago.  Oh well.....


7. What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.
No clue. I do remember loving my Wonder Woman Underoos!!  I am sure my mom has pictures of that somewhere but I'm sure they aren't digital yet.



8. Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?
It used to be pool but now it's beach followed closely by pool.  I haven't swam in lake in years!!

9. Do you recycle? If not, why?
YES!!  I'm a tree hugger or at least try to be.

10. What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?
Oh well in case you missed it I did a little post about the newest movie in the saga, Eclipse here.  I happen to be a "TwiMom".  I have read all the books, seen (and own) all the movies, and was even interviewed for the local newspaper (Here it is ... oh and my really good friend Ivy is in the picture wearing the Team Jacob shirt ... some how I didn't get picked to be in the photo oh well) here about loving Twilight.  I know it's adolescent fiction but it's pure escapism for me and takes me back to a time when I too was overly obsessed with my high school boyfriend.

blog comments powered by Disqus