Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


1.  What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Mustard, ketchup, mayo, soy sauce, Tabasco, malt vinegar, various salad dressings and ranch salad dressing (kids love it for veggies).

2.   How do you like your steak cooked?  Your burgers?
Medium rare for both.  But I know burgers need to be cooked with no pink for safety reasons but in an ideal world I like my burgers a little pink in the middle.

3.  What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
A tomato and mozzarella caprese salad.  It's fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh sliced mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and vinegar and topped with fresh basil.

4.  What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Macaroni and cheese or hot dogs.

5.  What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Almonds.

6.  What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Pancakes.  I love to make pancakes on a Saturday or Sunday morning.  My favorite recipe is once my mom got from one of her friends and it's more like a crepe than pancake but I love them.

7.  What’s your favorite thing to grill?  How do you do it?
Steak kebebs!  I love a good steak kebab with red onions, green peppers, and tomatoes.  I just stick all the stuff on the kebabs and my husband grills it!

8.  What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I like wine OK.  It's not my favorite and I only like whites.  Beer is my prefered drink and I love Blue Moon, Shock Top or Bud Light Lime.

9.  Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Last May I went to Bermuda (check out the blog on it here) on cruise with my friends and I discovered the Dark & Stormy.  The Dark & Stormy is Bermuda's official drink and it's sooooooo good.  Anyway I take a big glass fill it with ice pour in about two shots of Goslings (a dark Bermuda rum) Rum and then fill the rest of the glass with ginger beer.  Stir it a bit and that's it!

10.  How do you like your eggs?
Always over easy!  I love a good fried egg over easy on toast.  My all time favorite egg dish though is Eggs Benedict.
.

blog comments powered by Disqus