Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ten on Tuesday



1. Pretend it’s Monday morning–take us through a day in the life of you.
Well Mondays this semester James my husband gets up about 7:30 and gets our son up and going for school.  They eat and head off.  If my daughter is up then I get her up change her diaper get her clothes on for the day and put her in my bed to watch TV while I take a shower and get ready.  We are typically downstairs eating breakfast by 8:30 or 9.  After breakfast we either run out to do errands or maybe hit an event in my MOMS club.  If we stay home we usually play outside if it's nice or inside if not.  We typically have lunch between 12:30 and 1.  Then I try to clean up whatever needs it.  My daughter either plays by herself or watches Scooby while I work.  We head to the bus stop to pick up my son about 2:30.  We typically get home around 3 and if it's nice I make the kids play outside.  Again if it's not we play inside.  Snack time also happens about the time we get home from the bus.  Once everyone is played out we all sit at the kitchen table and work on homework (the 2 year old colors).  And starting this year we are adding a half hour of reading time on the end of homework.  And we all read for the 30 minutes (not sure how that will work with my lovely headstrong 2 year old...).  Once all the homework and reading is over I start dinner and the kids play (if they start killing each other I put something on the TV).  We eat then head up for bath and bed.  On a good day the kids are clean and in bed by 7!  And I get to relax and do dishes, pick up toys, pack lunches for the next day, etc....

2. What’s your favorite reality TV show?
Of all time The Amazing Race.  But I love so many that's it's a bit sad.  I did a blog post about it awhile back.

3. What motto do you live by?
Well lately I find myself saying It Is What It Is .... a lot.  Things are hard and when something else goes wrong I try not to let get to me .... so my motto lately is, It Is What It Is.

4. If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt?
I would put more into my craft business on Etsy.  Really I would start going to as many craft fairs as I could but I just can't right now.  It's expensive and they happen on Saturdays for the most part and since I now have a job on the weekends that cuts that out.

5. What was your first job?
I was babysitting by the time I was 13 and my first official job was as a cashier at an A&P grocery store in high school at 14.

6. What is your current job?
Stay at home mom during the week and a photographer/salesman on the weekends.

7. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name (and you cannot pick the one you already have)?
If I had not already named my daughter Marley I would choose that name.  I happen to love it!

8. What musical instruments can you play?
Sadly none.

9. Is it easier to forgive or forget?
Well I have hard time doing either.  I tend to hold a grudge.  But if I had to choose it's easier to forgive but I never forget.

10. What is one food you’d never want to taste again?
Okra.  I HATE it.  I just don't get it.  It's nasty.

blog comments powered by Disqus