Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday



1. What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day. Do you love it? Hate it?
I like it. I like to get flowers and it's one of the only times I get them.  Oh and I don't care if it's $75 roses in fact I would rather it wasn't.  I'm just happy with a bunch pretty flowers, some conversation hearts and a card.

2. What is your favorite romantic comedy?
As usual I don't have just one.  But at the top of my list is Brigdet Jones' Diary, Say Anything, and French Kiss.

3. Meg Ryan & John Mellencamp: what’s your first reaction?
As long as they are happy it's all good.  I happen to love John  Mellencamp and Meg Ryan so I wish them all the best!

4. All time favorite poem or quote? 
Again I am not going to follow directions.  I am going to give you my favorite quote and poem.
My favorite quote is;
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." by Juan Ramon Jimenez 
It was my senior quote and to this day I still love it and try to adhere to it.  I like to be different and question things.
And my favorite poem is;
Homework! Oh, Homework! by Jack Prelutsky
============

Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could wash you
away in the sink.
If only a bomb
would explode you to bits.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You're giving me fits.


I'd rather take baths
with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework
my teacher assigns.


Homework! Oh, homework!
You're last on my list.
I simply can't see
why you even exist.
If you just disappeared
it would tickle me pink.
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!
   

I love Jack Prelutsky!  In fact I like him better than Shel Silverstein (I know start the hate mail now).  But I choose this poem to memorize and recite in front of my class in the 6th grade and to this day I can still recite the first 4 lines or so.

5. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve gone without sleep? (like consecutive hours).
I went about 48 hours once when I flew back to the US from Europe and I didn't sleep on the plane and then had to ride on a bus from Atlanta to SC then I drove myself from SC back home to NC.  I was 16 at the time and was so into talking and having fun that I didn't sleep during the flight or bus ride.  I remeber being so tired and trying to drive home and now I know how dangerous that was and I just chringe.

6. What color ink do you prefer to use?
Black but I am not really picky as long as it's a good pen and writes well.

7. Share with us a blog that you recently found and fell in love with (and link us!)
To be honest I haven't searched out new blogs lately.  I've had a lot going on and I am just barley keeping up with the ones I do read and to be honest I haven't been commenting on them like I used to because I just haven't had the time.

8. If you could be on a reality TV show which one would you choose?
Amazing Race!!!!  I love that show and it makes me want to travel so bad!  Just think of all the fun places I would get to go!  I just need to find a good partner (oh and loose some weight so I could really compete well).  I could not do it with James because we would kill each other!!!

9. Mountains or Beach?
I love the mountains and they are close to my heart because I am from Colorado but I happen to live at the beach now and I love it!

10. With the Oscars around the corner, what’s your pick for best picture?
I've only seen 4 of the nominees but I would have to say Toy Story 3 because it made me laugh and cry.  And I just loved it!

blog comments powered by Disqus