Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday



1. Where did you go to college?
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington (UNCW), I did both undergrad and graduate degrees there.  I moved here to go to college and never left!

2. What did you study?
My undergraduate degree was a teaching degree & certificate in special education (with an emphasis on learning disabilities) and my graduate degree is a masters in education with a cross categorical teaching certificate in special education (that means I could teach children with all disabilities not just learning disabilities).  Wow now that's a mouth full!!!

3. Was college really all that it was cracked up to be?
Yes and no.  It was a fun time when I learned a lot about life and myself.  I just wish that I had gone into college single.  I missed quite a bit the first year being in a long distance relationship.  I also wish I had gotten into that ceramics class I always wanted to take....

4. How far were you from home?
2 1/2 hours.  Not bad I came home a bit more than I should that first year but again that's because of the boyfriend thing.

5. Did you have the same roommate all four years?
Ha no.  I lived on campus the first year and somehow managed to get into the apartments instead of the dorms.  So I had my own room (it was about the size of parking space) but I shared a living room, kitchen and bathroom with 3 other girls.  Anyway I met some nice girls and became really good friends with one of them for awhile.  But I moved off campus my sophomore year (I was supposed to move in with my boyfriend at the time) but things didn't work out and I had to find a roommate fast.  I found one but she bounced checks on me and basically had her surfer boyfriend move in too with out asking. So after the summer she was out and one of my roommates from the campus apartment moved in.  She ended up getting into a bad car accident at home during Christmas break and ended up not being able to come back to school.  So after that I'd had enough of roommates and moved to a single bedroom apartment so I didn't have to have a roommate.

6. Where did you order food from at 2am?
I don't remember but I am sure it was pizza because around here that would be the only place to deliver unless you got in the car and drove to Taco Bell (one of the only places open 24 hours here).... and I never did that ..... ever....  really .... oh OK I did so sue me.

7. Did you date in college or were you tied down?
Well I already covered this a bit above but I came to college with a boyfriend (my high school boyfriend who I dated for 4 years).  But we broke up the summer after freshman year.  I was single for a few years and did a lot of dating around then I met my husband in my junior year.

8. Funniest drunk college moment?
I really don't remember and I did most of my really bad irresponsible drinking in high school.

9. Did you make it to class on time?
Always!  I hate being late and always have.  In fact I try to be places early if I can.

10. What was your favorite class in college?
I actually liked geology but I really liked religion and philosophy.

blog comments powered by Disqus