Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday



1. What’s your variety of apple?
Honeycrisp but since it's only available in the fall I also like granny smith.  I am not a fan of red apples.  I just haven't found one I like.  I really like crisp crunchy apples.

2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
I don't really have a preference.  I like all cucumbers.

3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting?
DELICIOUS!!  I love tomatoes.  We always have grape tomatoes in our house.  The kids and I eat them like well grapes!

4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that?
I really just don't like sugar snap peas.  I like all other kinds of peas but just not that one.

5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.)
I like them most anyway they can be cooked.  But my least favorite is boiled.  I steam them most often because it's the easiest.

6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it?
Ehh.  I don't love it and I don't hate it.  But you have to understand I'm not southern.  Yes,  I live in the south but I was born in Colorado and lived there for a bit and my parents lived most of their lives there.  So I didn't grow up eating sweet potato pie.  In fact I don't think I had it for the first time until I was an adult.  I do like my mother-in-law's though.

7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other?
I'm not picky about fries.  I will eat them any way. 

8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling?
Cherry or strawberry rhubarb.

9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
No, I don't think so.  I think we always had to try it and eat a bite or two.

10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself?
Sometimes.  I really like V8 I just don't buy it often.  

blog comments powered by Disqus